Monday, June 13, 2011

Recipe Knock-Off {Bread & Co}


Fact: I love Bread and Company's Honey Pecan Chicken Salad. 

I like most chicken salad, but I haven't been able to find a tastier chicken salad than theirs. So, I decided I would try to recreate the recipe. Mine includes the same ingredients as their version and I think it's just as good!!
[From their online menu: it's the last item on this list]
Honey Pecan Chicken Salad 
4 1/2 cups shredded Rotisserie Chicken (use ground chicken if you want it finer)
1/4 cup chopped Red Onion
1/4 cup chopped Celery
1 Tbsp chopped Parsley
1/2 cup chopped Pecans
1/2 cup quartered grapes (red or green)
1 1/4 cups Mayonaise
1/3 cup Honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
    

1. Mix together the mayo, honey, salt, pepper, and parsley. *Spray your 1/3 cup before pouring in the honey (that way it will come right out).


2. Chop and add the pecans, red onion, celery, and grapes (chop the pieces as small or as large as you want).

    

 3. Finally, cut your rotisserie chicken apart and shred it into a bowl. Stir the chicken into the dressing mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours and then serve.

    


When I order this at the restaurant, I choose to get it as a sandwich on Cranberry Pecan bread along with green apple slices & avocado slices. Gives it a bit of crunch :) Mmmm- I want some now!


Bread and Company is unique to Nashville. 
If you're ever in the area, make sure to stop by for breakfast or lunch.
Or take a quart of the chicken salad home with you :)



8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!!! I just started Weight Watchers...maybe I can make this WW friendly with lite mayo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! That looks delicious! :)
    Becca, I'm on WW too. Try skinnytaste.com for some great knock-off recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think using Light or Fat Free Mayo and also cooking your own chicken would make the recipe a bit healthier :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm.. This looks yummy!!
    Thank you so much for linking to {nifty thrifty things} last week!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe went down a storm with the wife and kids the other day so i just wanted to write a quick thank you! Dads not so useless in the kitchen now! :d

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe tastes just like Bread and Company's! I always order mine with Honey Pecan chix salad, apples, blue cheese, and sprouts. A little extra mayo is always good too... This tastes the same if not better than Bread and Co! And a whole lot cheaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And might I add, that I used to work there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so yummy. Honey Pecan Chicken Salad from Bread and Company is my favorite and you nailed it with this recipe. THANK YOU Jamie. Now can you figure out how to make the cranberry pecan bread?

    ReplyDelete

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...