Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yarn ball & Ornament Wreath


I am really in love with making wreaths right now.
I get sidetracked quite often with wanting to do many different crafts, but wreaths are taking over.
And I am loving them. Where I got my main inspiration......but I wanted to do more Christmas-y colors.
and their guest post on Tatertots and Jello!
I can't wait to make more of these and hopefully get started on an Etsy shop! I would love your feedback!
So get ready for this super cute wreath.....

Supplies:
Styrofoam balls (1.5 in, 2 in, 2.5 in, and 3 in)
Colored yarn (Christmas colors- both solid and sparkle)
Ball Ornaments (Target One Spot Rocks! - 1 tube Large, 2 Medium, 1 mini sized)
18" Wire Wreath Form
Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue
Wire for hanging

Making the yarn balls:
1. Choose your colors yarn and size of styrofoam ball. Begin to wrap the yarn around the ball.
2. Switch direction while continuing to wrap the ball.
3. Make sure that as you wrap the ball, you are moving along and hiding the styrofoam so it doesn't show at all.
4. Hot glue the end of the yarn once you have completely covered the ball.
5. Do at least 2-3 balls in one color per every size.







Putting it All Together:
1. Turn the wire wreath form up so that the groove will hold the balls stable.
2. Glue the larger balls on first
3. Add in medium and small balls as you go until you can no longer see the wire.
4. Stack balls in the grooves between the others or place around the outside.
5. Use the tiny little ornament balls to put in more color in the cracks (if any)





Use it as a centerpiece, hang it on the front/back door, hang it on the wall, or hang it above the fireplace!!
Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. you're wreaths are really fun. i wish i had the time and space to do crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. Can you make me one? I want one, but have no time to do this. How much was it to make and seriously, can you make me one and I'll pay shipping too? Hah. you may think I'm nuts, but I love it. I also love the other one you did (or maybe its on Brookes Blog) with the string wrapped around the hoop and hanging with a bow? I want one of those too. Girl, I will pay for these. hah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MAY or MAY NOT have received an AWESOME wreath in the mail from one very talented wreath maker!!!!!!! You are the best!!!
    I saw this on tatertots and jello and immediately bookmarked to make- now I just have to find yarn. I now they have it somewhere- I just don't know where that is. I plan to get ornaments at IKEA next weekend, but I have a feeling the styrofoam balls are non-existant here SO I'm going to just use small ones for sporting goods (I'm going to make orbs too- with my NEW mod podge that someone also so kindly sent me!!!!) When do you think Michaels will set up shop in East Asia?! You know my opinion on the Etsy shop...... I've been trying for over a year to convince you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wreath! I've been wanting to make a yarn ball wreath for a while, I think yours just gave me the push I needed to get on the ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make a link to your etsy!! Oh and this looks JUST LIKE the one that I got for free from Starbucks two years ago. Ever since, I've been tempted to make my own. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so, so, so cute!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...