I am really in love with making wreaths right now.
I get sidetracked quite often with wanting to do many different crafts, but wreaths are taking over.
And I am loving them. Where I got my main inspiration......but I wanted to do more Christmas-y colors.
guest post on Tatertots and Jello!
I can't wait to make more of these and hopefully get started on an Etsy shop! I would love your feedback!
So get ready for this super cute wreath.....
Styrofoam balls (1.5 in, 2 in, 2.5 in, and 3 in)
Colored yarn (Christmas colors- both solid and sparkle)
Ball Ornaments (Target One Spot Rocks! - 1 tube Large, 2 Medium, 1 mini sized)
18" Wire Wreath Form
Hot Glue Gun
Wire for hanging
Making the yarn balls:
1. Choose your colors yarn and size of styrofoam ball. Begin to wrap the yarn around the ball.
2. Switch direction while continuing to wrap the ball.
3. Make sure that as you wrap the ball, you are moving along and hiding the styrofoam so it doesn't show at all.
4. Hot glue the end of the yarn once you have completely covered the ball.
5. Do at least 2-3 balls in one color per every size.
Putting it All Together:
1. Turn the wire wreath form up so that the groove will hold the balls stable.
2. Glue the larger balls on first
3. Add in medium and small balls as you go until you can no longer see the wire.
4. Stack balls in the grooves between the others or place around the outside.
5. Use the tiny little ornament balls to put in more color in the cracks (if any)
Use it as a centerpiece, hang it on the front/back door, hang it on the wall, or hang it above the fireplace!!