Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wedding Crafts: Save The Date



Well, I haven't posted anything about the wedding in quite a while, and wanted to share this little craft with you (it's been sitting in my drafts).

Before deciding on invitations, I wanted to make a save-the-date to mail to close friends and family. I had already chosen the colors navy, ivory, natural, brown, and green for our color scheme.
I searched several different nautical and bird themes and ones that used pictures. There are way too many ideas out there!!! These are just a few of what I found:


Martha Stewart




And here is what I decided on:
Their tutorial can be found HERE

I went to the local scrapbook store (Scrappin' Creations) and bought a pack of chipboard, green paper, navy paper, and glue dots. My sister stacked the papers together after I had measured and cut each piece. Using the postcard template on Word, I typed out the information. I had scanned a childhood pictures of us, uploaded them to Shutterfly, and ordered 120 total (I had some free prints to use). I cut each picture and placed them onto the right side. Then, my sister and I wrapped the card in string (similar to Baker's Twine) from Michaels. I printed out labels and attached them to the envelopes. Ta-Da!

[I wanted to make the card into a magnet, but it was a little too heavy. I didn't think it would mail well, and it might have cost some extra postage.....]

I made a total of 60 cards and had plenty of chipboard left over to use for other wedding crafts!!! I spent less than $2 per card!! When I had looked online, I couldn't find anything much cheaper, and it was something I thought would be fun to do! So here was my first craft for the wedding.......



Aren't they cute? I mean, aren't we cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...