Monday, October 3, 2011

Pink Donation

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I should even post this, but considering that it's now October and breast cancer awareness month, I decided to go ahead........




 I donated 11 inches of my hair to Locks of Love

My hair may not look that short to you, but it's definitely a little shorter in the back. My hair is naturally wavy, and the shorter it is, the more it curls (especially in this Southern humidity). During the cut it was starting to do just that, so the hairdresser had to straighten it. After doing that, she had to fix it because one side ended up shorter than the other in the back. Bless my poor hair. LoL.

Thankfully, it is just hair and I am very blessed that it grows quickly!!! :) With having friends and family who have battled with cancer, I know that donating my hair is only a small part of what I can do. I've donated my hair two times previously with Pantene Pro-V's Beautiful Lengths program, but I chose to do Locks of Love this time because I found a local hair salon that would give me a complimentary haircut (can't complain about that)!!


BEFORE

DURING


 
AFTER



 I am in love with this stuff! Makes your hair feel extremely soft and luxurious.
This is only the 2nd bottle I've ever purchased  & I use it sparingly 
because it's so stinkin' expensive! Why did I buy it again? 
Oh yeah......


If you have the patience to grow your hair out, I suggest you do and then donate it!!
{Pantene only requires 8 inches but Locks of Love requires 10}!!!

It's VERY exciting & scary at the same time to make such a drastic change!! I shouldn't regret cutting it because it's going to such a meaningful cause (& even a free haircut)!!!




Have YOU ever donated your hair?

4 comments:

  1. Let me just say that you're haircut is BANGIN'! It looks incredible and sassy and youthful!

    I donated my hair once and didn't regret it. It was worth it to know that I could grow my hair out for those who couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have donated my hair almost every year since I was in high school. It's such a great organization! Your hair looks so good and I know how awesome it feels to give it away knowing it's going to such a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! 11 inches!! that's impressive, and so sweet of you!! i love your hair short by the way! very cute!! thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...