Wednesday, October 19, 2011

{Coffee Filter} Ruffled Box

As I was trying to make coffee filter flowers (a Pinterest inspiration) for the upcoming wedding, I came up with an idea! What if I cut the folded filters into four pieces, folded them, and then glued them to something in rows to create a ruffled effect??!!

And that's just what I did.

Using a cardboard beer box I had on hand (cut down to the handle length) and my hot glue gun, I got to work. I decided to do the ruffles at random and not row by row. Easy Peasy. 

But, this project was a little time consuming, due to the fact that I decided to line it with fabric. I did each section separately (& used hot glue to attach the pieces) instead of trying to sew a lining to put inside.

   





Currently holding my vintage Tang jars & paper lidded jars (#3)   :)


Makes a perfect box to hold craft supplies,
to put vases full of flowers in,
store momentos, 
or use as a gift basket!


* See a full list where I like to PARTY each week!!!!






Don't Forget to Enter the 
COTON COLORS GIVEAWAY
 starting Tuesday October 25th!

16 comments:

  1. That is so adorable! Ruffles on a box, who'da thunk it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I don't drink very much coffee and have about a million coffee filters I got at Costco. This would be a great way to clear up space in my cupboard and not feel wasteful.

    http://eyehearttoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a creative idea! Thanks for sharing it. New follower and would love it if you would follow back.
    http://dianewingpurses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I was looking for a unique idea to cover a cardboard box. I think this is it. Thanks for posting...visiting from Naptime Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well isn't that a cutey? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the ruffles! Stopping by from TT&J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am all about ruffles! What a great addition to Tater Tots and Jello! I would love to take this on a romantic picnic! Just fabulous and on my list of "I have to have this!!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! And thrifty! Love it. Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun week! Hugs, Diann :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very cute! I love that they are coffee filters too. Uber cheap! you might be on to something here....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Pretty pretty pretty. I absolutely dig this. I dont know where I am here from, but since I'm I'll keep watchin ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore your ruffle box! So glad you linked up to the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful idea. I love the ruffled look. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up to our party Show and Share. Make sure to come back this week and link up your latest projects. We would love to see them.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew there was a great use for those brown coffee filters besides another wreath! Great job.

    www.kristasewinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! This may be an idea. hmmmm
    www.thezkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How shabby chic is this. I love it. I host a weekly upcycling party and would love it if you linked this project up. http://tinyurl.com/upcycled71

    ReplyDelete

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...