Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Remake 2 {Pinterest}

I really enjoyed putting together my first post about Pinterest "remakes", and so I've decided that writing about projects I've pinned would be a fun monthly thing to do.
I enjoy being inspired by so many ideas!!!
So once (maybe twice) a month I will do just that.
{The ratings are my personal opinion/recommendation}


1. Chick-Fil-A Nuggets Recipe *****

This recipe is extremely close to the wonderful, tasty nuggets I so dearly love!!
*If you are a little disturbed or turned off by the recipe (the marinade is pickle juice), PLEASE PLEASE still try it just once- you won't regret it!!!! Trust me :)


2. Chalkboard menus ****

There are several different projects on Pinterest with this idea and I wanted to make some signs for the food tables at my brother & future sister-in-law's wedding. Using dollar platters and a can of chalkboard spray paint this project was cheap and super easy to make. 
*With the weather cooling down, I let mine dry outdoors on the porch so I could add several coats of paint before letting it dry overnight.


3. Paper lidded jars ****
I took the lids from a salsa and pimiento pepper jar to try these out. With scrapbook paper and a little bit of Mod Podge, anything is possible :) This project took under 10 minutes to do.
*Perfect for holding little things or gift giving! Mine are now holding sewing pins and buttons


4. Embroidery Hoops *****
Another easy & cheap craft made with just a hoop and some fabric. They look great by themselves or with little embellishments!
*This is the fall hoop from my first giveaway :)


5. Mini Buntings ****

I know that the bunting I pinned is made from paper, but I decided to use a linen type fabric for mine. I stamped on the letters and then sewed them with the criss-cross stitch onto twine.
*Cute to hang on a mantle, wreath, or place in a picture frame!





{Actual links & Pinterest boards I've pinned them to } 

5 comments:

  1. yay! I love these posts! there are so many amazing things I want to make, but I can't because of the lack of ingredients/supplies here. I love seeing all the stuff you (re)create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas---who doesn't love Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your blog and all your pinterest ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting! I have somehow missed these on pinterest. I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOHHHH! I have been wanting to try the Mod Podge Jars, but I was afraid they'd be harder than they looked! You gave me CONFIDENCE!!!

    ReplyDelete

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...