Thursday, January 6, 2011

Weird

I absolutely loved this one painting I did in college.
As our last project for Elementary Art Ed class, we were given a canvas and told to do whatever we wanted. The only rule was we had to use a photo. I scoured the internet and my own pictures for something to replicate and eventually found "Gold Swirls" by Lisa Kowalski to use. I think it's beautiful.
Here is my version (sorry I don't really have a close up shot of the whole thing)
And there is a wonderful glare from the glass.....


I had it hung in my bedroom for about 3 years. I was proud of this painting.
But, somehow I lost it!! I can't figure out how though :(
When I moved from Nashville to SC last February, I swore I packed it separately and even checked on it. One day I went out to the garage to get something, lifted up the frame it had been in, and it was empty!! What?! Weird.
I guess I'll have to paint another one.
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...