Friday, September 28, 2012

Kentucky is My Land

Matt and I left late Wednesday to start our trek to Lexington for an extended weekend. On the drive there I enjoyed the mountain views and signs of fall. I loved seeing all of the leaves turn colors (they haven't yet in South Carolina).
Kentucky is just so beautiful to me.

 


 


We are staying with my aunt and uncle at their "farm" in Nicholasville along with my best friend Haley and her husband. We will have the chance to hang out together and catch up. Matt and I plan to visit some of my (our) favorite spots. On Friday, we are getting together with the boys I used to nanny during college. The oldest is definitely now taller than me! Haley and I will sneak in some time at 'Feather your Nest' antiques and also see the precious children of our dear friend Brooke (after a 6am coffee date at Starbucks)!!! :)





On Saturday, we are having another reunion of sorts as we gather together to celebrate our dear friend Jessica & her husband-to-be Connor's wedding on Saturday in Louisville. I met Jessica towards the end of our freshman year (2003) of college in Bible study, but we really became friends during our sophomore year of college. I can't tell you how much of a blessing she is to me and how the Lord has used her as an example of being genuine and compassionate. Plus, she is one of the funniest people I know (that "everything" just happens to! ex: I mean who gets robbed 3 different times while working at the same bank?!)!!! 

LOVE this girl so much!












Wedding post to come.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...