Monday, May 28, 2012

Lulie Wallace Art {my birthday present}

Has it really been almost a month since my last blog post??!!
Sorry y'all! Well, sorry to my few, dear faithful readers...... :)


Today, I wanted to share some photographs I took while at Lulie Wallace's studio. 
I had been perusing her art on a few blogs and on Pinterest when I came to find out that she lives and paints here in Charleston, SC (she's also from Columbus, GA where some of my good friends live)!!!! 
And this girl has TALENT!



It was getting close to my birthday and I had written a list of gift ideas for Matt, when I realized, why not get a painting?! It's an original piece of art, can be looked at all the time, and that way I can start my collection :) So, I immediately emailed Lulie and asked if I could come down to Redux Contemporary Art Center and take some photographs for my blog, purchase a painting, and meet her in person!
And that's just what I did.

A glimpse inside her studio

I love all of the paint on the floor










Lulie holding the painting Matt got me for my birthday!




Unfortunately, I wanted to write a blog post with some Q&A with Lulie, but she hasn't responded to any of my emails. Her artwork is GREAT and she was really sweet when we met. But what can I do? I don't want to be bothersome!!! Regardless, she has a wonderful talent and creates beautiful pieces of art. I would still purchase another one someday!

Since I didn't get an interview I wanted to share a few articles:



and I've read that Urban Outfitters is making one of her paintings into a print!!! 
I will be getting that one for sure!!!



1 comment:

  1. Jamie!!! I am so excited for you! We are going to Charleston in late June and I am totally going to purchase one of her paintings as well. Miss your blog posts but I am sure you have been busy! Hope you are having a good start to your summer!

    ReplyDelete

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...