Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo


Around blog land there have been plenty of inspiring recipes for this fun holiday- appetizers, desserts, drinks, and main course meals! Here are just a few that I have found to look amazing:

Mexican Fried Ice Cream @ Tatertots & Jello 



Churros con Chocolate @ Baking bites

1. Shrimp Cocktail with Guacamole
2. Beer Marinated Chicken Tacos
3. Prickly Pear Margarita 
4. Lime Margarita Cupcakes 

Super Nachos via Rachael Ray

Black Bean Tostadas @ a couple cooks

Crunchy Tacos from Duhlicious

Margarita Lime Cheesecake @Liv Life

MMMM- All of these recipes have made me really hungry! Excited to go out tonight and have some Mexican and a good 'ol margarita! My husband could probably eat Mexican every night of the week, but I definitely can't! Not only do I enjoy this fun holiday, 
but it's also my BIRTHDAY!! 

I am 26 today, and I imagine that I'm still in my mid-20's :)  It makes me miss all the meals I ate with my closest friends from college and with my family. I enjoyed having a birthday while in college because it was at the end of Finals Week, Cinco de Mayo, and usually before/after the Kentucky Derby! But this year, it's my first married birthday! Whoo! 

My 22nd with Haley & Rachel
My 25th with K, Lauren, & Momma Pepin

Thanks for all my wonderful birthday celebrations in the past! 
Short side story: My freshman year, as I was studying for finals, my friends had a surprise party planned out for me.....but I wouldn't come. I didn't want to take a break. They had to lie and say that Haley had broken her foot in order for me to come with them to the "hospital"....needless to say it was a fun Luau :) 

notice the large posters in the background?  :)
including a beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To all my visitors, friends, followers old and new- i LOVE receiving sweet comments!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...